Friday, November 20, 2009

a long-overdue update

I can't believe how long it's been since I sat down and wrote an entry--almost two weeks! YEESH! Well, let's just say that life has definitely kept me on my toes for the last little bit. This past week flew by so fast that I haven't quite figured out where the heck it went: one second I'm logging into one of the school computers at the beginning of Communication and Student Success (my first class of the week), and the next I'm packing up after Fashion Design (my last class).

But now I'm going to back up and start with the week before. I think the most major thing about that week is that I hardly did any homework, which meant that I had to spend from Friday afternoon to Monday night working. Needless to say, I was worn out by the end. After I got home from my history lecture on Tuesday evening I crashed and except for washing my dishes, I didn't do anything productive until Wednesday morning.

On the eleventh I went to my first Remembrance Day ceremony, which was just up the street from where I live. I've watched the national one in Ottawa on TV before, but as with just about anything, it was something else when I was right there in the audience. As a pacifist, November eleventh is always a painful day, as I can't stop thinking about how many lives have been lost to war since it was invented. However, being in the crowd at the cenotaph somehow made it more real and I was so overwhelmed with sadness that I cried several times.

The day after Remembrance Day, there was a hockey game in front of the school: photography studio vs. graphic design studio (which has now won at least two years in a row). I totally forgot about the game until I arrived at about twelve-thirty--about half-way through. I got to play for the photography studio for a bit (I was cheering for them anyway, since that's what I hope to major in next year).

On the homework front, this past week was better. I don't have it all in the bag (which is very funny, since we made garment bags in class yesterday--though I'll have to finish mine next week), but it's much more manageable. And this weekend I've imposed a strict no-schoolwork-after-five-PM rule (unless I need to finish a thought in an essay or I'm really close to finishing a project).

This past week I asked Mom if I could come home about a week later then originally planned because the PBSO (remember them?) will be performing in St. Andrews on December sixth. Gene will be performing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment