Sunday, November 7, 2010

home for the last time (until Christmas)

You! Now! Taken at the PBSO's concert in St. Andrews this past May.
The Passamaquoddy Bay Symphony Orchestra is playing in St. Andrews this afternoon. I'm not going this time (I need to go back to Fredericton and tomorrow I have to roll out of bed in time for a nine o'clock Communication for Visual Artists class). This will be the first time that I haven't gone to a concert since I started in May '09. They'll be performing Beethoven's eighth (they seem to be working their way through his symphonies--which is great for Beethoven fans like me) and Chopin's first piano concerto, which I've never heard.

This week we don't have classes on Thursday, because it's Remembrance Day. Last year I went to the ceremony at the Fredericton cenotaph and this year I plan on doing the same, except that I want to leave before ten because last year I was waaayyy at the back.

I'm home this weekend (for a few more hours, anyway). After this I don't plan on going home until Christmas Break (December eighteenth to January second)--which reminds me that I have to get started on my Christmas shopping.

This past week we had an intro to 4x5 cameras, which we'll be using for an assignment that's due a week from Remembrance Day. I can't believe how excited I get about things like that: yes, digital cameras are wonderful, and I love my DSLR (an Olympus Evolt E-510), but there's something about film cameras--especially really old ones (the 4x5s even have bellows--nice!). Sometimes I find myself contemplating getting a film camera of some sort (I love the Holga 120N, which is dirt-cheap, but super-cool) and using it for either business or personal use. Of course, then I'd have to have a darkroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment