Wednesday, October 21, 2009

midterms aren't as bad as I thought

This week is assessment week and I've been feeling off-kilter since yesterday. I don't even have any real classes today: just come in to pick up my grade for history (not bad--probably has something to do with the fact that I love history of almost any kind: I just get so into it) and meet with Denise, my Creative Process teacher, at one. And that's it for today.

I caught a cold somewhere in the school and woke up with a sore throat on Friday. I managed to make it through my last ceramics class but by that evening I was so exhausted and plain ol' out of it that I went to bed just after 7:30 (which is really early for me--I usually don't go to bed until about eleven).

Mom phoned that evening (I'd emailed her to say that I was sick) and offered to have Tom come and get me the next day. He'd talked about going up that night but Mom put her foot down (driving through Moose Alley at night, plus giving me enough time to pack). The next plan was for him to drive up and get me at eight the next day. I protested that one and we settled on 9:30.

I hardly did anything on Sunday--just read Everything I Needed to Know About Being a Girl I Learned from Judy Blume (which I ended up taking with me when I went back to Fredericton), played around on my computer (Facebook, anyone? Or how about watching a performance of The Nutcracker on YouTube?), planned to watch The Secret Life of Bees on said computer, read the material for the reaction paper, and worked on the reaction paper with Tom (I was still rather out of it).

On Monday morning I woke up feeling a lot better and worked a bit on my project for Creative Process (which I just found out isn't due until next week) before heading back to F'ton.

Now I just have to make sure I don't get sick again until after the Met's simulcast on the seventh--I don't want to be sneezing and coughing my way through a major horn (or violin) passage: "what? Could you guys play that again, please?"


No comments:

Post a Comment